If you have what it takes please apply!
Fiend 2 Clean is always looking for amazing additions to our team!!!
Job Title: Peer Support Specialist
Fiend 2 Clean Peer Support Specialists are essential members of the organization as well as vital to the success of our participants. This position is responsible for being a peer role model of recovery and overall wellness, while providing support and encouragement. Peer Support Specialists provide coordinated care, mentorship, and assist in the participant’s integration into the recovery community.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist participants with transportation and escort when needed for supported workforce and/or medical appointments that assist with self-directed recovery and independence.
- Provides direct linkages to employment, housing, education, and community/recovery resources.
- Documents services provided in participant’s electronic health record under the supervision of management, in accordance will Alaska Medicaid standards, and the policies and procedures of Fiend 2 Clean.
- Maintain an active awareness of the peer support services that are available in the state of Alaska.
- Provides motivational interviewing, community living skill building, social, and emotional support to participants to assist them in regaining balance and control of their lives.
- Maintains appropriate trainings and certifications in Compliance with Alaska DBH and Medicaid standards, and as outlined as Fiend 2 Clean policy.
- Actively role model wellness and recovery for participants
- Engage in all assigned peer outreach activities in the community and provide a report of community efforts and opportunities for participants.
- Attends Fiend 2 Clean staff meetings and works collaboratively with other staff members during participant case staffing regarding transitional and discharge planning needs, to facilitate a successful transitional from peer support services to independence within the community.
- Provide weekly reports on outreach/peer support activities, participant services to Peer Recovery Coordinator.
- Develop responsible, appropriate relationships with participants.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA, 42 CFR Part 2 and the policies and procedures of Fiend 2 Clean.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Submit to drug testing as deemed necessary by Fiend 2 Clean.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with sensitivity and effectiveness while working with clients, external agencies and coworkers
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge and ability to operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience conducting individual sessions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must have strong writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy of fact reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individual from diverse backgrounds.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate computer and other standard office equipment
- Experience in residential or outpatient substance use treatment and mutual aid (A.A., N.A., etc.) with a general understanding of the many pathways to recovery.
- One (1) year of constant, consistent, continuous recovery experience.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license, and valid insurance.
- The ability to become NAADAC NCPRSS certified within one year of hire.
- Pass Alaska Dept. of Health and Human Services Background Check with no barrier crimes.